Praying the Jesuit Examination of Conscience
Adonai, I realize that all, even myself, is a gift from you.
- Today, for what things am I most grateful?
Adonai, open my eyes and ears to be more honest with myself.
- Today, what do I really want for myself?
Adonai, show me what has been happening to me and in me this day.
- Today, in what ways have I experienced your love?
Adonai, I am still learning to grow in your love.
- Today, what choices have been inadequate responses to your love?
Adonai, let me look with longing toward the future.
- Today, how will I let you lead me to a brighter tomorrow?
Adapted from Through All the Days of Life, a collection of prayers compiled by Fr. Nick Schiro, S.J.
Further adapted (exchanged "Lord" for "Adonai")